Reasons I have wanted to or have cried today:
1. Dropped my mom off at the airport. That made me near-teary. Then I heard this sappy song on the Christian station after I dropped Mr. V off, and I lost it. Bawled all the way to work and had to compose myself just to come inside!
2. As soon as I got to work one of my coworkers came in and sort of ranted at me for something that happened while I was out of the office at the video shoot last week.
3. All of that made me very sick to my stomach and I teared up in Carolyn‘s office just thinking about it all.
4. I don’t have my regular purse and I did not have my beloved Orbitz Sweetmint gum. I did, however, have at least 4 tubes of lipgloss.
5. I have to run an errand after work. There is still little gas in Nashville plus I am exhausted. Whine, whine.
6. My co-workers gave me a lecture on how I don’t need an AngelCare monitor. Now I don’t know if I want it or not but I don’t know what monitor to get. And I don’t want to worry about SIDS. I also don’t want to worry about Libbie getting the cord wrapped around her neck and dying in utero, which is what I have been doing today. Why am I crazy??? (And please…tell me what monitor I need!)
7. I am so tired of being hungry I really did almost cry over it today. Half an hour after getting back from lunch I was ravenous. I don’t understand!! If I don’t stop eating I am going to gain another 30 pounds but I can’t not eat when I am hungry. Arrrgh!
I need to go home and sleep.
To: All those who will be visiting my house in the near future
Dear Concerned Party,
I am glad you have found the time to visit my humble home. I thought I should provide you with the following information.
I will not be cooking. I will not be cleaning. The house will be full of dog hair and crumbs and Kool-Aid residue. I will probably be sleeping on the couch for the duration of your stay, including your waking hours. I hope you will not find this offensive.
Adam knows where the local Pizza Hut and Kroger are.
And if you eat my Doritos, prepare to die a cruel and painful death.
I am a copy editor, which by definition makes me a grammar nazi. Every day, I read lots of blogs. I read a couple blogs that are pretty famous, some that aren’t, some of people I know, some of people I don’t. And every day, I encounter some of the same issues. Mostly, people don’t know the difference between its and it’s, and they don’t know to put a period or comma INSIDE a quotation mark. “Like this.” These things drive me insane and really put a damper on my enjoyment of certain blogs.
So I don’t mean to be offensive, really. But you would make all the psychos of the world so much happier if you would follow a few simple grammar rules on your blogs!! For your enjoyment and education, here are Strong Bad’s grammar songs.
If you want it to be possessive, it’s just I-T-S
But if it’s supposed to be a contraction, it’s I-T-APOSTROPHE-S
They’re as different as night and day
And don’t you think that night and day are different?
What’s wrong with you?
And I don’t care how they spell things on the Internet
When you e-mail me, you spell out the whole word
And I don’t care if your cell phone has a camera in it…
I’ve been tempted to hang the y-o-u-r song on my door at work. You think anyone would be offended?
There can be nothing worse for being productive the rest of the day than going to a 4-hour meeting smack dab in the middle of the day. I went to this super-long meeting about our women’s products; afterward, I was just sick to my stomach and completely unmotivated to continue working until 5! The massive piles of projects to be done just makes me ill. I know it will be handled when the time comes, but seeing it altogether is just too much! On top of the lovely project we’re completely redoing in a week’s time…work is good. When can I go home??
Can I just add, with the work tirades, I cannot believe how many trees I’ve killed in the last few days over this project redo. I just keep printing it out, and out, and out. I have a bad time trying to edit stuff on screen, because I just don’t catch things as well, but really I am starting to be ashamed at the massive amounts of paper. I promise I am recycling it!
Bible study last night was so good for me. I have been a mess of grouchyness this week. I seemed to have woken up on the wrong side of the world starting Monday. (Aforementioned project has much to do with this.) It’s been nice to be consistently busy (and yes, I DID get something done after the meeting, for which I am very proud) but the insanity-producing kind of stress is not so much fun. I am looking forward to being a zombie tomorrow night (right after I do all my laundry, go to the grocery, and make butternut squash wontons…hrrrm). Tonight is running after the girls and then choir, though. Need to get on my way to get Mr. V. Sorry if you are reading this that I am sure it’s completely incoherent, but some days a good rant goes a long way!