See day 1 here: Palm Sunday / Hosanna!
Day 2: Jesus anointed / prepares for the Last Supper
Note: The anointing of Jesus’ feet by Mary of Bethany actually happened before Palm Sunday.
Read Jesus’ anointing from The Jesus Storybook Bible
Color pictures in The Gigantic Coloring Book of Bible Stories
Make reed diffusers to place around the apartment
Talk about Passover, why it was celebrated, read Exodus story from children’s Bible
Do Easter egg hunt where one of the eggs has a piece of matzah in it. Parallel breaking bread to breaking of Christ’s body. Whoever finds the matzah egg gets a quarter for their piggy bank!
If more time: make salt dough and let kids play with it, “making bread”
(yes, this is a lot more random than yesterday’s, but the topic was a little more difficult!)
- Holy and Anointed One/Jesus Draw Me Close from Any Given Day (Any Given Day)
- John 3:16 from Meet the Rizers (The Rizers)
- Give Me Oil in My Lamp from 25 Favorite Sunday School Songs (Veggie Tales)
- Lotsa, Lotsa Matza from Shirlala Pesach! (Shira Kline)
- Pharaoh, Pharaoh from Pharaoh, Pharaoh (Mah Tovu)
- Hallelujah! Our Passover Lamb from Ancient Words (Lynn DeShazo)
- The Wages and The Gift from Seeds of Character (Seeds Family Worship)