So, want to know what’s happening in our neck of the woods? My cutie-pie daughter has pneumonia. Yeah.
We’ve been cooped up inside since Monday, although thanks to my husband’s wonderful teaching job, he’s been able to come home early so I can go to my chiropractor and the grocery or wherever.
But it’s definitely been one heck of a week. We finally found out about the pneumonia yesterday after a chest x-ray. Libbie had been running a miserably high fever most of the week and coughing insanely. Now she’s on antibiotics and an inhaler and I hope we’ll be able to nip this in the bud quickly. Thankfully David, Mom, and Dad are fine so far. Plus my mom came from PA to help–hallelujah!
So, when I wasn’t administering medicine, cuddling, or chasing after a toddler this week, here’s what I read!
- Busy Foxes at For Better and Worse
- The accidental, honey-fied catching of a fly at Pensieve – A short lesson in parenting well. Always appreciated!
- Cardamom Yeast Bread at Salad in a Jar – I made this one day this week and it’s amazing. I don’t think much has a depth of flavor like cardamom.
- Esther and Vashti: The Real Story at Rachel Held Evans
- Jesus Saves at Huntington Beach Pier at Elizabeth Esther
And if, like me, you just need a good laugh this week, this always does it for me (sorry about the curse word):